The Red Wings hope to win for the 3rd time against Colorado this season when they visit the Pepsi Center tonight at 8pm EST (FSD). Here are some key things to watch for tonight’s game:
- The Avalanche are coming off two straight wins and hope to end the Red Wings current 7 game winning streak
- Center Ryan O’Reilly leads a young group of Avalanche forwards in scoring, and had five points in the past two Colorado victories
- Former Red Wings Defenceman Kyle Quincey leads the Avalanche in Avg. Ice Time with just under 23 minutes per game. Half of his 16 points have come on the man advantage (3G, 5A)
- Jimmy Howard is 4-0-1 in his past six starts against Colorado
- Brad Stuart has the Red Wings lone short handed goal this season. The Avalanche have given up only one shorty all season (tied for 2nd in the league)
- The Red Wings have won a league high 13 games when scoring the first goal of the game
- As usual, the Red Wings find themselves near the bottom of the league in team penalty minutes. Only Phoenix has spent less time in the box this season.
Should be a fun one from Colorado. They have an amazing young core of forwards and will give the Red Wings D everything they want. I’ll be tweeting all along the way!
Oh and PS