Are you Shea-ting me?
Welp…that was a bust. Ian White had a great game, Pavel Datsyuk had a great game (except one booboo), Nick Lidstrom got his 7th of the season, shots were 40-21 in favor of the Wings…so WTF?!
1st Period Highlights:
- SOG 12-8
- Loved the power play goal by Tomas Holmstrom (5:15, assisted by White and Datsyuk) … so sexy. All six of his goals this season have been on the power play.
- About 5 minutes later, David Legwand tied up the score (10:09, assisted by Smith and Erat)
2nd Period Highlights:
- SOG 15-5
- Halfway through the period Henrik Zetterberg got a PPG after some nice passing by Bertuzzi and Hudler
- Nick Lidstrom got his first goal since November 8th (11:30, assisted by White and Datsyuk) putting the Shwings up by 2
- What a bad surprise. Jordin Tootoo returned to the ice after looking totally struggs (def thought he was out for the game) and made it a one goal game (17:22, assists to Klein and Spaling)
3rd Period Shiz:
- SOG 13-8
- Jimmy Howard got a hooking penalty (seriously) and 22 seconds later Shea Weber tied up the game (15:36, assisted by Suter and Erat)
- Datsyuk made a mistake??? I’m sorry to be the one to break it to you but he’s human. Weird, I know.
- With 1:36 left in the game, Weber got his 2nd of the period (and within a 3 minute time span) — the game winner, assisted by Jordin Tootoo. What a lucky piece of shit.
Time to head back to Detroit to regroup. Next game: Saturday, 7pm, NHL Network vs. the biatches from Tinseltown.
stats from redwings.nhl.com
Posted on December 15, 2011, in Uncategorized and tagged Detroit Red Wings, Henrik Zetterberg, Ian White, Jimmy Howard, Jiri Hudler, Jordin Tootoo, Nashville Predators, Nick Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk, Ryan Suter, Shea Weber, Todd Bertuzzi, Tomas Holmstrom. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.