Wings Hope To Regain Winning Ways Vs Blues
Valtteri Filppula will only be able to watch as his teammates look to regain their winning ways against the 3rd place St. Louis Blues tonight. The forward, who was 21 points in 25 games this season, suffered a cut on his leg Sunday night and was unable to return. He is listed as day-to-day.
Given their geographic locations, both teams will be no doubt excited by last night’s realignment announcement.
Here are some quick things to watch in tonight’s game.
St. Louis Blues
- The Blues have picked up 14 points in their last 10 games (6-2-2).
- The powerplay has been awful, scoring only 9.2% of their chances (8/87). This is by far the worst in the league. Add in the 3 shorthanded goals allowed, and the power play unit is only +5 in 26 games.
- The team has allowed the third fewest goals thus far (55).
- St. Louis allows the least Shots on Goal per game (26.3).
Detroit Red Wings
- Detroit leads the league in shots per game (34.7).
- Chris Conner has 6 shots on goal in his first two NHL games this season.
- Jakub Kindl has 3 points (1G, 2A) in the past 5 games. He’s a +4 over that span.
Should be a fun one, 7:30 EST on Versus
Bonus Video: Line Brawl Plus Goalies (Ozzie and Fuhr)