Jimmy Howard: You’re My All-Star
Hey Brian Elliott–don’t let the door hit you in the vag on your way out.
The Red Wings head back to Detroit with only one W from their 3 game road trip after losing 3-2 to the St Louis Blues.
1st Period Highlights:
- SOG 10-8
- Drew Miller went to the box for a high-stick…that wasn’t even his stick.
- Brad Stuart showed us once again that he makes a GREAT backup goalie
2nd Period Highlights:
- SOG 9-13
- Jimmy Howard got his 4th career assist and the Mule put the Wings on the board with a PPG (7:42, also assisted by Hudler…)
- Alex Steen tied it up 4 seconds after Jakub Kindl went to the box (9:20)
3rd Period Highlights:
- SOG 10-5
- Kronwall went to the box 0:11 into the period, allowing Backes and his Blues a chance to get ahead 2-1 (0:45)
- Not even 2 minutes later, Patrik Berglund made it 3-1 (2:38)
- Jiri Hudler got one in late in the period (18:40, assists to Cleary and Kronwall) when Howard went to the bench to give the Wings an extra skater
First Star of the night: Jimmy Howard—for being a badass. An assist and a scuffle? VOTE FOR JIMMY!
Crazy last couple minutes… But like a shitty massage, there was no happy ending. The Wings return to the Joe to face the Phoenix Coyotes Thursday at 7:30.
*stats from detroitredwings.com
Posted on December 6, 2011, in Uncategorized and tagged Alex Steen, Brad Stuart, Brian Elliott, Dan Cleary, David Backes, Detroit Red Wings, Drew Miller, Jakub Kindl, Jimmy Howard, Jiri Hudler, Johan Franzen, Niklas Kronwall, Patrik Berglund, St. Louis Blues, The Mule. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.