Sooo hot, want to touch the heiny
Detroit Red Wings (15-7-1) vs. Buffalo Sabres (13-10-1)
I had hoped for there to be a Spartan overload on the ice tonight, but as of now, the chances are low. Spartan alum Justin Abdelkader and Drew Miller will be in the Red Wings lineup tonight, but Ryan Miller, the Sabres’ star goalie, will start on the bench. Ryan has been out since November 12th after suffering a concussion on a hit by Boston’s Milan Lucic. The last time the two teams played, Ryan Miller started in goal and his brother Drew was a healthy scratch. Another former Spartan, rookie Corey Tropp, has played 10 games for Buffalo this season but was reassigned to the Rochester Americans on Monday.
Feelin hot, hot, hot:
- The Red Wings have won 10 of their last 12 games
- Pavel Datsyuk has 10 points in the last 6 games
- Valtteri Filppula has 6 points in the last 4 games — as long as he continues to shoot, he’ll continue to score. (i love you)
- Jimmy Howard is 14-5-1 and leads the league in wins
- Chris Conner was called up from Grand Rapids yesterday and will play on a line with Cleary and Helm
- Emmerton and Commodore are healthy scratches, Eaves has his mouth wired shut
- Jimmy Howard will start in goal for the Red Wings
- Jhonas Enroth (8-4-1) will start in goal for the Buffalo Sabres
Game starts at 7:30 and will be aired on the NHL network and Fox Sports Detroit (shwing). Let’s make it 7 in a row…Go Wings!
Posted on December 2, 2011, in Uncategorized and tagged Buffalo Sabres, Chris Conner, Corey Tropp, Cory Emmerton, Dan Cleary, Darren Helm, Detroit Red Wings, Drew Miller, Fox Sports Detroit, Grand Rapids, Jhonas Enroth, Jimmy Howard, Justin Abdelkader, Mike Commodore, Milan Lucic, NHL Network, Patrick Eaves, Pavel Datsyuk, Ryan Miller, Spartans, Valtteri Filppula. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.