The Detroit Red Wings got their 7th straight win tonight in Buffalo. Hot damn!
Hannah’s personal highlight: Mike Babcock’s shirt/tie combo.
1st Period Highlights:
- Wings outshot Buffalo 18-8
- Jakub Kindl got his first goal of the season (8:50, assists to Holmstrom and Abdelkader)
- With Jason Pominville in the box, the Mule put the Wings up 2-0 (13:38, assisted by Lidstrom and Datsyuk)
- 1:03 after the Franzen goal, “red hot” Valtteri Filppula put one in net (14:41, assisted by Henrik Zetterberg)
2nd Period Highlights:
- Shots on goal 9-9
- Abdelkader, Kronwall, and Filppula all spent time in the box — successful on the PK
- Jimmy’s sick save made him look like a break dancer
- Not much else…
3rd Period Highlights:
- Buffalo outshot the Wings 11-9
- Jochen Hecht made the score 3-1 (13:47, assisted by Pominville and Leino)
- Pavel Datsyuk got an empty netter to make it 4-1 (18:43, unassisted)
- Nathan Gerbe cut his upper lip and nostril toward the end of the period…looks pretty nast. Feel better boo boo.
Next game is against the Colorado Avalanche on Sunday at 8:00pm. Jimmy for president.
Posted on December 2, 2011, in Uncategorized and tagged Buffalo Sabres, Detroit Red Wings, empty netter, Henrik Zetterberg, Jimmy Howard, Jochen Hecht, Johan Franzen, Justin Abdelkader, Mike Babcock, Nathan Gerbe, Nick Lidstrom, Niklas Kronwall, Pavel Datsyuk, Tomas Holmstrom, Valtteri Filppula. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.