Streaky Clubs Square Off In Boston
The Red Wings have endured a season full of peaks and valleys. They hope to stop the equally streaky Boston Bruins, who after dropping a third straight loss at the end of October have rallied with ten straight victories.
The Bruins recipe for success has been a little bit of everything. They’ve won with excellent netminding from both Tuukka Rask (see 2-1 SO win vs Columbus) and Tim Thomas (3 SO on current streak). But the Bruins have also found the back of the net early and often, scoring 4 or more goals in 8 of the 10 games.
A few key stats for today’s match up (1pm, NBC)
- Boston hasn’t beaten Detroit since a 4-1 win on Nov. 29, 2008.
- Zdeno Chara leads the way with an average of 25:22 minutes per game.
- Tyler Seguin, who is not yet 20 years of age, is a league leading +18 and on pace to score 50 this year.
- 25% of Todd Bertuzzi’s scoring last season came in the two games vs the Bruins.
- Despite his offensive stats being down, Henrik Zetterberg leads the team in SOG with 73, good for 14th in the league.
Should be a fun one!