Why, Hello Sharks…We Meet Again.
Your Detroit Red Wings (9-6-1) take on the San Jose Sharks (9-5-1) tonight at 10:30 pm for some late night fun. It’s the first of three stops in the Golden State. This is the 2nd time the teams will be facing off this season—their last meeting was on October 28th and resulted in a 4-2 loss for the Wings. This rivalry has developed and grown exponentially over the past couple seasons, being that the Sharks eliminated the Red Wings in the 2010 and 2011 Western Conference Semifinals.
- Brendan Smith will be making his official NHL debut tonight and will be paired with Niklas Kronwall
- Jonathan Ericsson will again be paired with Nick Lidstrom
- Ex-Shark Ian White is still out with a broken cheekbone
- Fabian Brunnstrom will be taking Patrick Eaves’ spot in the lineup
- The Red Wings have been struggling on the power play (déjà vu?) to say the least — they only had 6 shots on goal during the 15 power play minutes against St Louis. The Sharks rank 4th in the league on the PP.
- Datsyuk has gone 11 games without a goal. Yes…I said Datsyuk. It’s shocking. What does Pavel think?
“I need to be more productive,” Datsyuk said after practice Wednesday. “I need to shoot more, need to be more dangerous.” (Mlive)
Posted on November 17, 2011, in Uncategorized and tagged Brendan Smith, Fabian Brunstromm, Ian White, Joe Thornton, Jonathan Ericsson, Nicklas Lidstrom, Niklas Kronwall, Patrick Eaves, Pavel Datsyuk, San Jose Sharks. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.