We’re going streaking!!….again
The Red Wings stayed hot behind another strong performance from goalie Jimmy Howard, who finished with 25 saves. After opening with 5 wins, the Red Wings struggled in a six game slide. They have rebounded during the homestand collecting 9 of 12 possible points and finishing with another 4 game winning streak. The Red Wings scored 3 in the third tonight to break a 2-2 tie with goals by Franzen, Helm and Stuart.
It was all over when…
Helm converted on a 2 on 1 to make it 4-2. The speedy forward missed a similar chance on the penalty kill the previous period, so he was happy to redeem himself off of a beautiful feed from Jiri Hudler.
Player of the Game
I’m giving it to Howard. He was not included in tonight’s three stars, but the keeper was sharp when needed on the second leg of back to back games. He kept Detroit in it early when Dallas was threatening to extend their one goal lead in the first period.
Stat of the Game – 7
Johan Franzen registered 7 shots on net. He was effective in all three periods of tonight’s game and finished with a goal and an assist and a plus 2 rating on the night.
- Kronwall scored his second goal in as many nights, and also blocked three Dallas shots.
- Ian White got his third of the season at the beginning of the 2nd period and made a save in the 3rd with his FACE
- Every Red Wings player had time on the PP tonight, thanks in part to a late penalty to Jamie Benn
- The Wings held the advantage in the faceoff circle 37-27
- Jakub Kindl and Jamie Benn fought late after a unnecessary slash from the Stars forward. Benn had the upper hand.
- Brad Stuart earned his first two points of the season (1G 1A) and was a game high plus 3.
Posted on November 12, 2011, in Uncategorized and tagged Brad Stuart, Dallas Stars, Darren Helm, Ian White, Jakub Kindl, Jamie Benn, Jimmy Howard, Jiri Hudler, Johan Franzen, Niklas Kronwall. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.