11/11/11 Make a Wish
Tonight the Red Wings take on the Edmonton Oilers at the Joe Louis Arena at 7:30 pm. This will be the 3rd road game in 4 nights for the Oilers, who lost 6-3 to the Boston Bruins last night. The bad news is that they probably aren’t tired since their star players are barely over the age of consent.
- The team is 9-4-2 and ranks 1st in the Northwest Division
- The rookie line, Jordan Eberle (2008 1st round, 22nd overall), Taylor Hall (2010 1st round, 1st overall), and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2011 1st round, 1st overall) have a total of 34 points this season…and a combined age of 58.
- Ryan Smyth had 2 goals last night, 16 points this season
- Nikolai Khabibulin will start in goal. He has had an impressive season so far: 7-0-2, .964 sv%, 0.98 GAA – BUT he is 8-17-0 at Joe Louis Arena and has lost five straight in Detroit with a 4.14 GAA
- The team now has a record of 7-5-1 after winning the last two games. They are ranked 3rd in the Central Division
- Henrik Zetterberg is suffering from a middle-body injury and may or may not be in the lineup. Bertuzzi is still out, Eaves is ready to go.
- Jimmy Howard starting in goal for the Red Wings
- It’s time to see some sick dekes and other jaw dropping moves from Datsyuk. It’s been a while and we’re ready for it.
Let’s hope for another Red Wings win tonight!