Free at Last!
What a beautiful Sunday in Detroit! It’s November 6th, 60 degrees and sunny, and after two long, painful weeks, the Detroit Red Wings have finally won a game…Lady Luck sure made an appearance.
- The Red Wings had 50 shots on goal. 17 different players had at least one shot on goal — eight with three or more. Holmer had six, Cleary and Helm had five each
- After scoring only six goals in six games, the Wings scored FIVE goals last night. All were scored by Swedes!
- Howard had his 2nd shutout of the season, stopping all 22 SOG
- Nick Lidstrom and Johan Franzen had 3 point games and ended up +3
- Fabian Brunnstrom, who was recalled to replace Todd Bertuzzi, got his 1st point as a Red Wing
- Red Wings had 18 SOG
- Kronwall got his 2nd goal of the season (7:04), assists went to Filppula and Franzen
- Zetterberg scored a beauty 1:55 into the period, assists to Franzen and Lidstrom
- 50 seconds later (2:45), Captain Nicklas Lidstrom scored his first of the night, assists went to Miller and Brunnstrom
- Luca Sbisa scored…and then didn’t? It got called off due to goalie interference by the major doucher, Corey Perry. I can’t remember the last time we had that kind of luck/call made in our favor
- Jonas Hiller (40/45) was replaced Dan Ellis (5/5)
- Teemu Selanne had 22 PIM last night — 2 min for unsportsmanlike conduct (1:02), 10 for misconduct (1:02), then bounced after a game misconduct (1:39) after Nick Lidstrom scored his 2nd goal of the night on the power play, assists went to Pavel Datsyuk and Ian White
- Johan Franzen got his first goal since October 21st (10:37), assisted by Ian White