After Another Loss It’s Time To Get Wild
Even though the Wings looked better last night than they have over the last few games, it clearly wasn’t enough. Tonight they play the Wild at the Xcel Energy Center at 8pm.
- Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and White were all -2 last night
- Hudler had no goals, assists, or even shots on goal…yet still ended up breaking even (+/-). He also had two penalties for holding in the 3rd
- Holmstrom had another goal taken away on a goalie interference call
- Datsyuk is -4 this season; Zetterberg -3; Lidstrom, Cleary, Kronwall, and Eaves are all -2
- The Red Wings have scored only 4 goals in their last 3 games combined
- This is the 2nd time the Wings are facing the Wild this season — the Wings managed to come back from a 2-0 deficit and win in overtime the last time they met
- The Red Wings are now 5-3-0 this season, the Wild are 3-3-3
- Detroit has won their last 4 games vs. Minnesota
- The Wings have a 28-6-3-4 all-time record against the Wild
“You can’t get frustrated. You have to stick with it and keep working hard. You’re going to have your ups and downs throughout the year. You have to fight through it. When you’re facing (a losing spell), you’ve got to dig harder and work harder.”
-Captain Nicklas Lidstrom
Keep the faith…Let’s go Wings!